08 Nov Back to Basics: The 5 P’s of Content & Social Media Marketing
The 5 P’s are usually used in reference to content marketing, but I feel they apply to social media marketing also (and the two go hand in hand more often than not). The 5 P’s of content and social media marketing are a basic starting point to any new strategy, or reviving an existing one.
The 5 P’s of Content and Social Media Marketing
- PLAN: Planning and organizing are the building blocks to success. Start with your objective, and work from there. Think about the best ways to maximize your return, the creative that you will need through the campaign, any tools or technology etc. This is also a good time to think about benchmarks and how you will measure the the success of your campaign.
- PRODUCE: Time to get your hands dirty (or hire a content creator). You can produce content and messaging and have it ready to go for the next step which is…
- PUBLISH: Now that you have a campaign plan and have produced content, you have to have somewhere for this content to live. Choose where you will host your content based on your objectives. you can publish your content to a blog, landing page on your website, or solely via social media channels.
- PROMOTE: Give your content legs! I’m sure you tend to correlate “promote” with “money”, but this isn’t necessarily true. Strategies for promoting your content
- PROVE: Here are where those benchmarks and objects come in handy. Put together a report of how your content did, shares, or whatever measure you planned on analyzing to prove success.
Then REPEAT what worked and what didn’t. Your take aways from each content campaign will help you expedite the content process, as it gives you insights into your audience’s behavior.
I know these 5 p’s seem pretty basic, but sometimes going back to basics can clear your mind of clutter and let great ideas shine through.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!