27 May Show Your Followers Love [Social Media Tip]
A little appreciation goes a long way, and the same goes for your followers. Show them how much they mean to you and watch them share the love!
Showing your followers that they are important to you is a great way to raise interaction and engagement, not to mention traffic and conversions. I say this a lot, but we are building relationships here, and a healthy relationship never lacks in tokens of affection. This is one way to create a fun campaign, knock out content and build a deeper relationship with your followers at once.
Here are some ideas on how you can show your followers some appreciation:
- A “Thank you” post: Thank your network for helping you reach a milestone (yay 1,000 likes), or just simply say Thank you for following us.
- Highlight follower reviews or comments: Let your audience know you appreciate their thoughts.
- Feature your most active followers: This can be done on your channel header images or as individual posts.
- Offer special “social media” only discounts/sales etc.: Social media only discounts are a good way to gauge how many customers are coming from your social channels.
- Ask them what they want and deliver!: What better way to really get your customers involved than giving them a vote in what you do next? Got a new packaging or flavor choice to make? Get your network involved (and I bet your sales will love this too). If you don’t sell anything ask customers what they’d like to know more about or see more of and give it to them (watch the click throughs and interaction do great!)
- Run an appreciation contest: Gamify the love! Have a small, easy to enter giveaway and maybe ask fora little love too. At a financial publication company I worked with we ran a two week contest for reader appreciation. We announced a subscription discount to our followers and randomly tweeted out Starbucks coffee’s to followers during the two weeks. We also asked for specific tweet re-tweets’s and shares of the campaign landing page for bigger prizes.
- The campaign generated
- 326,306 total impressions on the hashtag
- 425 total Bit.ly link clicks
- 1,938 landing page visits
- 109 lead generation customers
- The campaign also instantly generated a renewal order of an existing subscriber for ($1,005). The month end sales reports generated an additional four orders with the exclusive savings code setup for the campaign generating an additional $2,900 back to the campaign.
- The campaign generated
Showing love doesn’t have to be too difficult, like in real life even a simple expression of appreciation can create beautiful results.