17 Nov Get Organized! My 8 Step Checklist for Social Media Strategy Success
Social media can be a lot to take in all at once, especially when you’re just starting out. Here is a compilation of some of my social media tips to set you up for implementing a killer social media campaign or management strategy. Scroll all the way to the bottom for my downloadable checklist!
- Define Clear Objectives: This is the foundation of your social media management or campaign strategy. Defining objectives gives you direction, purpose and will help you narrow down the main themes your content will revolve around
- Choose the Right Platforms: Do your research and get to know how each social media network operates and choose the right ones for your brand. Is your target audience active in the network? Do you have the resources to create the content required for the specific channel?
- Create a Content Bank: Now that you have your objectives laid out and the networks you’d like to be active on, create a content bank. Review all of your offline marketing efforts, and how you can support them online with content. Create or source content that supports your objectives (don’t forget that if you made the content, you should brand it!)
- Identify Keywords and Hashtags: A little more research here, but collecting a bank of the top industry keywords or hashtags your audience is using will make for easer messaging composition. Learn how to search for keywords and hashtags here.
- Create a Content Schedule: Now that you have your bank of content you need to create a schedule. Based on your objectives, and the amount of content you have decide how often you’d like to post on social media and on what days. I suggest using a mix of live and scheduled posts for a balance of your content and to remain current with topics in the industry or that relate to your audience.
- Set Up Social Tools: For a little help saving time, set up all your social media tools like Hootsuite for scheduling posts and Bit.ly for shortening and light tracking of links. For a few more social media tools suggestions click here.
- Set Your Analytics: I love analyzing what is working and what’s not working across all my clients’ accounts. Navigating analytics can be confusing since each network has so many metrics to keep track of. In general I suggest you pay attention to your follower growth, reach of your posts and more importantly how engaged your audience is with your content. Pay attention to what days and what times perform best (getting your timing right is essential to extending the reach of your posts).
- Conduct a Social Media Audit: Make it a habit of conducting a social media audit on your channels periodically. A self audit can help you catch inconsistencies across channels, what campaigns worked (or not) review benchmarks, and maybe even set new goals. Read more about conducting your own social media audit.
To keep you on track download my 8 Step Social Media Strategy Checklist here: http://eepurl.com/bGtWwP
Let me know what you think!
Get Organized! The DhariLo 8 Step Checklist for #SocialMedia Strategy Success Click To Tweet